The best ants repellent. Best tips and methods of control.
Homemade ants are considered the most harmless insects that live next to humans. Only a few species can cause serious damage to wooden coverings: windows, walls and furniture, making moves and climbing in them.
However, it is not so pleasant to see arthropods in your own house. Especially when individuals are unexpectedly encountered on food, for example, get into sugar. Let's find out which ants repellent is the best.
How to bring out ants. Reasons for ants
If you suddenly noticed an ant at home by accident, first of all, do not panic. Perhaps it just came to you from the street with clothes or shoes.
However, it may be an individual in search of food. If he finds food, he will leave a fragrant trail, on which his congeners will find him. But whether you will have them depends on several factors:
- Availability of food in the free access. Ants are very fond of sweet food rich in carbohydrates: sugar, honey, bread and fruit. But sometimes they do not mind to try paints, gouache or watercolor, casein glue, raw wood and even paper.
- Dirty dishes with pieces of food attracts almost all kinds of insects.
- The same applies to garbage bags, which are in open containers, for example, in a bucket without a lid.
If an arthropod is not an isolated case, an ant repellent should be used as soon as possible. Otherwise, the colony that has fallen in love with your home will be much harder to get out.
The first actions on detection. Ultrasonic pest repeller ants.
When there are few ants, in addition to physical violence, you can use improvised means. Almost all of them are in every house.
- Noticed a small insect track? Wipe it with soapy water or table vinegar solution. For convenience, you can take a sprayer.
- While a person does not smell vegetable oil, insects cannot tolerate it. That's why another humane way to fight, which will make unwelcome guests leave your home, is to "draw" lines with oil on the place of paths or just make islets. The only disadvantage is that you will have to watch your movements carefully in order not to slip. Even better is the feedback from the used machine oil.
- Barriers can also be made of ground chalk, activated charcoal or black pepper. The principle is the same - sprinkle the substances on the paths of their movement.
If single individuals are found quite often, but there are no visible paths, look for behind the skirting boards, in the walls and secluded areas behind the furniture. Careful with the kitchen, after all, it is the main habitat of these insects. A good option is to install an ultrasonic pest repeller ants!
Folk remedies for ants.
If you find a settled colony, you will have to take more serious measures. We suggest you start with folk recipes. They are safer and less often cause an allergic reaction, which is especially important if there are children and animals in the house.
Be patient: you should not count on the immediate effect of the only tried method. In some cases, you will have to use two or three methods within a month or two.
One of the most effective methods in pest control is boric acid and its salts - borax. They eat chitin, which is a protective shell of insects.
During the preparation of apartment baits, be careful, be sure to use rubber gloves, and preferably also a face bandage.
How to make bait for ants
- The bait will require a cooked yolk and a sweet ingredient - sugar, jam or honey. Grind the yolk and mix it with the sweet, add about 20 grams of boric acid to the resulting mass. From this mixture roll small balls or scones, which are placed in the habitats of uninvited guests.
- In this case, not only breeding insects are poisoned. They pass the poison into the nest, so the queen mother dies.
- Some people do not use yolk, they prefer to add boric acid directly in honey. A few drops of this mixture just leave in the right places, you can use the caps.
- Another option is to use minced meat instead of sweet bait. But this recipe is only suitable if you do not have pets.
Another good method to fight ants is common food yeast. An ancient recipe is a mixture with fine sugar.
You will need 4-5 tablespoons of honey or sugar syrup and one tablespoon of yeast. It is also possible to add boric acid if desired.
The mixture is poured or poured into the lids and placed at the corners.
Aromatherapy. Ants repellent
If you are ready for the presence of sharp smells in the house, try aromatherapy in the fight for a clean home. Insects cannot tolerate the scents of mint, garlic, and camphor. It's enough to rub the plants with the skirting board or just spread slices or leaves along them.
However, this method will only work if the ants come to you for food, and live elsewhere. There are also positive reviews of the use of pharmacy chamomile, lemon, parsley, anise and cloves in the same way.
Some say that the smell of coffee scares away ants, while others say that the thickening is dangerous for them. One way or another, the baits in the form of coffee grounds mixed with sweet syrup or sugar have helped to breed more than one arthropod colony. Perhaps this method is worth trying as one of the means.
Industrial methods of ants control
If people's means have not helped, more serious methods of struggle - industrial ones - are used. On the one hand, their result is guaranteed, and quickly, on the other - such substances are more dangerous, they more often cause allergic reactions.
Let's consider how to get rid of domestic ants in an apartment with the help of goods from the store?
There are several types of products, which differ not only in their composition, but also, most importantly, in the form of release. Among the most popular are: gels, powders and bait traps, repellers. Many manufacturers offer goods in different shapes.
How to use store poisons
- When buying, be sure to ask the seller what type of premises the insecticide you are interested in is intended for. The fact is that the ants repellent, which are produced for a private home, can not always be used in a city apartment.
- In addition, specify whether the means can be used in the apartment, where the pets live. Not all products have a repellent smell for dogs and cats.
- Do not forget about the precautions! Be sure to wear gloves and a mask when using insecticides. Manipulate away from domestic plants and trees.
Which ants repellent are the most effective
- They are similar in principle: sweet smell and taste attracts insects. They are applied with dotted lines near the probable paths of arthropods: skirting board, doorways, windows, and so on. The gels contain toxic substances that kill not only the ant that swallowed the "dainty", but the whole colony. The infected individual carries toxic substances.
- The powders differ in the way they are applied. Some will have to be diluted in water. However, the active insecticides in most of them are the same, the main one is chlorpyriform.
- Baits like Ultrasonic Plug-in Pest Repeller, Indoor Ultrasonic Electromagnetic Pest Repeller!
Of course, any specialist, when asked how to get rid of ants in the apartment, will tell you that the easiest thing to do is to take preventive measures. What do they consist in?
- Do not leave for a long time leftovers of food, especially bread, jam, honey, cookies - any sweets that attract arthropods.
- Keep it clean. It is very important not to throw unwashed dishes in the sink, as well as wipe the table immediately after eating. This way you will get rid of crumbs, which are also quite attractive from an ant point of view.
- Keep the trash in an airtight container or at least use a bucket with a lid. Take it out daily! So no type of insects will have access to food remains and garbage.
- Keep fruits and vegetables, especially cut ones, in airtight containers in the refrigerator. Do not leave cut apples or melon in the open air.
- Buy ultrasonic pest repeller for ants, it will help get rid of unwanted pests. It is completely safe for children and animals.