How to get rid of mice: to poison, scare away or trap?
Mice are often confused with their next of kin - rats. But mice have differences in behavior, which you should know to successfully fight them. We appreciate your time and collected all the necessary information about the differences of these rodents and how to properly get rid of mice in one article. We will tell you about the best ultrasonic mice repeller!
6 important facts about mice
- Size: mice are smaller than rats in size - from 6 to 10 cm, so mouse infestations occur 10-20 times more often than rats.
- Location: mice do not move far from their nests in search of food. If the rats are more likely to start in a large house, the mice can settle in a small apartment.
- Skills and features: mice - in excellent physical shape! They run at speeds of up to 13 km / h, have a heightened sense of smell, touch, taste. They also know how to hide deftly and are able to penetrate into the hole thickness of just a pencil!
- Enemies: mice and rats are natural enemies for food and territory, and can not coexist together.
- Differences of species: do not confuse the house mouse with the field mouse. The first one is usually gray and is found in absolutely any room. The field is smaller and lives in forests and fields, ruining garden areas.
- Mouse droppings are many times smaller than rat droppings, so the presence of mice in the house may not always be obvious.
Why do I have to get rid of mice? Ultrasonic mice repeller!
Mice almost do not bite a person, they are much more interesting your home. In other words, they are very dangerous. The main problem is that they destroy and contaminate food supplies.
In addition, their dead skin scales, wool and excrement can provoke in people an exacerbation of respiratory diseases and allergic attacks, as well as eating disorders. Mice can also bring fleas into your home, damage the interior of your home and damage your engineering communications. And by the way, the smell of dead mice is as unpleasant as dead rats.
The best ways to get rid of mice. Electronic mice repeller.
Fighting mice in a private home is similar to fighting rats. Methods largely coincide with getting rid of rats, but in this case, there are some nuances in which to understand. It turns out that not everything is as simple as it seemed before!
Most scientists agree that the most effective way would be to poison a mouse, or kill it with a deadly trap, or try to scare it away with an electronic mice repeller. Let us start with poisons.
Fighting mice with the help of poisonous baits
Mouse poisoning is one of the most effective methods. It uses poison for rats and mice. Its principle of operation is about the same: it causes bleeding in the rodent body or disorders of the liver, kidneys and other organs, resulting in death.
It is best that mice have unlimited access to the poison: not all of them can kill after the first "meal". Usually, baits have an accumulative effect - and they kill rodents after a few days.
Remember that rodents like mice don't go far from their habitat to die! So if you get rid of them in the house, go around all the rooms every day and look for rodent bodies - they should be disposed of as soon as possible. After all, decaying, they emit a terrible smell - that mice, that rats.
How to kill mice quickly: deadly electronic mice repellent
Nowadays, both classical variants such as a mousetrap and more modern electronic mice repeller are still relevant for catching mice. But the latter show much better results in the fight against mice - and so more and more people prefer such traps. They are suitable for catching both rats and mice.
In addition, electronic traps are considered more humane than old wooden ones. The main disadvantage of such wooden traps is that many users complain that they are forced to kill poor animals caught in such a trap. And this is not very pleasant, you have to admit. Whereas with plug in mice repeller, this is not a problem.
When the rodent runs into such a trap, it touches a metal plate that is live, and gets a fatal discharge of current. Usually such devices have an indicator that signals whether the inside is empty or someone is caught.
Useful advice: Rats and mice behave differently in relation to new objects. Rats are very careful, and it may take even a week before they approach the trap. On the contrary, mice are very curious, and as a rule, they approach the trap already in the first night.
If you do not catch the mouse in the first few nights, the trap is in the wrong place. But remember that mice don't like to go far from their nest, so find out where the mouse nest is, and place the trap there. You may have already heard about Ultrasonic Plug-in Pest Repeller, which successfully fight mice too. These are some of the best among electronic mice repeller.
But do not forget that most likely no mouse will get inside the electronic trap voluntarily! It will certainly need food bait.Focus on the taste your rodents have: they can range from dog food to gum and bacon. With the method of trial and error in the choice of bait for the trap, you are sure to exterminate these bastards!
How to catch mice: sticky traps and glue for rodents
Sticky traps are a classic and one of the most affordable ways to get rid of mice. Such traps are cardboard strips with a sticky layer of fragrant glue. The manufacturers have studied the mice' tastes and mix the smells of peanut oil, seeds, nuts and other "food joys" of rodents into the glue.
Once the mouse enters the sticky layer, it will not get anywhere else out of it. You might as well buy not a trap, but a separate rodent glue in a tube. You can apply it on any surface and anywhere you have seen the mice. The main thing is not to step into it yourself!
Sticky traps and glue are quite cruel to the mice. Rodents may even tear off their limbs in attempts to get out of the glue, but usually they just break out and gradually die of dehydration and starvation. This is not a very humane method, so many believe that it is better to release the rodents from such captivity than to condemn them to a few days of hellish torment.
But on the other hand, such a simple and cheap method can simultaneously catch a variety of pests: mice, rats, large cockroaches, bugs, snakes, etc.
How to scare away mice: use best ultrasonic pest repeller for mice
Ultrasonic mice repeller are the most humane and safe way for you and your pets to get rid of mice in the house. And the quietest: you don't hear ultrasonic waves, but mice panic from them and try to get away from the source of these terrible sounds. It will take on average up to 2 weeks to get them out of the room. But it is better to observe a number of conditions for this:
- free the processed apartment, house or office from soft things that absorb ultrasound (carpets, fabrics, curtains, bags, upholstered furniture);
- remove food supplies and water from the free access of mice;
- consider the area of the room;
- consider the scale of the invasion: if there are many mice, several ultrasonic mice repeller may be needed.
Get rid of mice with a cat
The oldest way to clean the house from mice is to give this job to the cat. Even the laziest and domestic cats have a hunting instinct, which, if lucky, will make the animals catch all the tails in the house. Let the cat in the basement or in another place where the mice live, and after a while come and check the results.
Often, pets bring their prey in their teeth - in the morning you can observe at the doorstep of your house or right next to you a dead rodent. Not the most pleasant sight, but the method is free. However, there are no guarantees.
Natural products from mice.
In the expanses of the Internet, there are many tips on how to get rid of mice on their own. Judging by the reviews, some of them do worse, others are better. We do not undertake to judge their effectiveness, just give us the most popular recipes:
Scare away mice with mint. To do this, plant peppermint in the yard or use its essential oil. If you make cotton balls and soak them in oil, the resulting mice repeller can be placed in places of rodent activity to scare them away.
Make poison from plaster. Mix building plaster, flour and sugar in equal proportions. Lavishly place the resulting mixture in a bowl, and place a bowl of water next to it. Having eaten this poison, rodents will inevitably be thirsty. From contact with water gypsum inside will freeze, which will lead to indigestion and death.
Scare away the ashes. This method is loved to be used in villages because of its accessibility. It is simply worth generously spraying fresh ashes in the basement or other places. The ash contains a substance that will eat away at the feet of mice. They will always want to clean their paws and lick the ash, which will irritate their mouth and gastrointestinal tract. It won't kill the mice, but it's understandable that it's better to look for provisions in another house.
Cork poisoning. If you cut the champagne cork finely and fry it in oil, you will get an unusual poison for mice. If they eat it, the cork inside the stomach will swell and cause bowel obstruction, and then death.
How to get rid of mice in the house forever? Best sonic pest repeller for mice!
If you choose the best way in the house - we advise you to use sonic mice repeller, because with poisons must be more careful if the house has children or pets. Fighting mice with poisons can be dangerous also because children can try poison by mistake, and your pets can eat poisoned animals. Most importantly, do not forget to use special bait boxes so that your pets can not get poison.
There is another popular method against mice - sticky traps or glue, but we do not recommend it to you because it is a cruel method - you will expose mice to slow and painful death from pain and hunger. Do you always want to listen to poor mice who can't get free? We think not.
How to get rid of mice in walls or attic?
By the way, did you know that mice can easily travel inside walls and very rarely go out into living rooms? Therefore, they will have to be lured out of there, and in best ultrasonic mice repeller are just using natural baits, which mice will be tempted to. And another argument in favor of death traps: a mouse that gets into it will smell less than a mouse that dies in the wall... After all, in the case of poisoned baits, you can't be 100% sure where your mice will go to die - perhaps, in the wall.
But if your mice have settled in your attic, you can use both traps and poison. Even if the mouse dies of poison in the attic itself, it's unlikely that the corpse smell will reach the living rooms. But you still have to remove it in time.
But do not forget that even if you get rid of the mice, you need to lock them out of your house once and for all! Usually the problem becomes worse with the arrival of cold weather - in late autumn and early winter. And your task is not to give these creatures a chance!
Preventing mice or how to prevent mice from invading the house?
In general, all subsequent preventive mesures and advice can be applied to any rodents that may appear in your home. Except that you will have to be even more careful and attentive, because the mice are very small. So:
- Regularly clean up the yard and the house. Remove any foreign sources of standing water or carefully cover them so that the mice can not reach them. Throw out the garbage - mice can use paper, cotton, pieces of cloth, etc. to build a nest. They may also settle for the birth of offspring and in abandoned furniture - dressers and cabinets.
- A separate item - warehouses with provisions. Every inch should also be inspected there, especially in the autumn-winter period, when the mice are hungry and are looking for new sources of food.
- Cat. Yes, it is not always effective, but good cats-mouse traps do a great job, freeing you from the use of third-party devices.
- Before the "murine" season (autumn-winter), go around your territory and make sure that there are no mouse dens and nests in the grass and bushes nearby. This simple measure will partly protect you from enemy raids.
- Inspect all walls (inside and outside the house) for gaps, as well as floors, and completely - garages, attics and cellars. Do you remember that mice can fit into a pencil-thick hole?! Fill all the holes, even the smallest ones, with concrete, sheet iron or put obstacles like copper mesh.