Best bug zapper for gnats!
The arrival of spring always adjusts to a change of closet, a carefree holiday and the imminent opening of the beach season. But with the first rays wake up a lot of insects. At the sight of pesky gnats we immediately start looking for best bug zapper for gnats.
By one of the most unpleasant insects include gnats, whose bites are much more painful than those of mosquitoes. Excruciating itching turns into severe swelling. More dangerous for people suffering from allergies. In addition, gnats are carriers of dangerous diseases, which is certainly a reason to buy best bug zapper for gnats.
Once settled in the apartment, these little flies begin to multiply in minutes and annoy all tenants. Because gnats multiply very quickly, the appearance of two insects in a short period of time there will be a whole swarm in the apartment. This is because the gnats multiply rapidly.
But most trouble is caused by their accumulation in the kitchen. Then you can forget about a comfortable stay in the room. Insects always seek to get into the food, crawling over the products, thereby causing discomfort to the hostess. And then begins to torment the question: gnats in the apartment - where and how to get rid of them? There is nervous tension and deterioration of health.
Gnats in the apartment: use indoor gnat zapper or not?
Once flying gnats have been found in the apartment, it is necessary to find the place of their accumulation and reproduction as soon as possible. The fastest and most effective way to get rid of midges is to use indoor gnat zapper.
If you just try to catch them, this will not lead to positive results. The insect will appear again and again, and it will not be possible to get rid of it.
Types of gnats
At first glance, all gnats are the same. They are small flies. In fact, these insects have many varieties. Harmful to humans are only two species:
- Steganinae - microscopic black gnats. They live in flower pots. They appear with frequent excessive watering of plants. Get rid of them very hard. Can only save a complete replacement of the soil.
- Drosophila is a type of fruit moths. They are also called fruit moths. These are small insects. Very similar to ordinary flies, reduced in size. They feed on the juice of rotten fruits of berries, fruits, vegetables and herbs.
All midge species are sensitive to the action of indoor gnat zapper.
Where do gnats come from in the apartment in winter? Indoor bug zapper for gnats.
At first sight the insects may appear only in summer, flying into the apartment through the window. With the onset of cold weather, they sleep until the spring. Indoor bug zapper for gnats will be a great helper at any time of year.
In fact, the reasons can be many, and you can expect the appearance of neighbors and in winter.
- Once a midge appears in the house, it will immediately look for a favorable place to lay eggs. There can be many such places if you do not regularly clean the house. This is a dirty trash can or fruit in a vase that has begun to rot.
- Insect eggs must appear in the house for the first specimen to appear. Usually the source is the fruit of vegetables, fruits, berries. The question arises: where do gnats come from on fruit in the apartment? Buying tomatoes at the market or picking them in the garden, you can carry insect eggs along with the fruit. If the conditions in the room are favorable, sooner or later there will be many uninvited guests.
- In the presence of pets, the chances increase. Breeding places can be bedding, toilet, dishes with food scraps, stale water.
- Excessive and frequent watering of houseplants leads to root rot. Feeding with brewed tea or used tea bags creates a greenhouse effect and increases the effect of a breeding ground for cyanide gnats.
- Rotting algae in the tank. If the water is not changed in time and all accessories are not rinsed, not only the inhabitants can be harmed.
- Sewers, traps sinks and toilets, in which the accumulation of residues of food and dirt can also be a source.
- Even if the apartment is cleaned regularly and the above-mentioned sources are absent, insects can fly in from neighbors through the ventilation.
Usually the occupants of a house do not pay attention when one or two specimens fly by. The fight begins only after there is a pest occupation of all products. B such moments do not need to panic, just choose one of the control options and get rid of them – find your best indoor bug zapper for gnats.
What causes gnats in the apartment? Indoor gnat zapper
The main reason for the appearance of gnats in the apartment is damp air or the presence of places that have not been properly cleaned.
Therefore, in the first place it is necessary to get rid of the source of contamination. To do this you need to:
- Always have indoor gnat zapper to get rid of gnats quickly.
- Properly care for houseplants. Water in small amounts of water. From excess moisture begin to rot the roots of the plant, and it dies. The place of rotting will become a home for insects. If you feed with used tea bags, you need to change the brew for a new one in time.
- Keep pets clean. Change bedding in time, clean toilets regularly, keep utensils clean. Change food and water to new fresh water.
- Clean the fish tank regularly. It is recommended once every six months to completely rinse algae, soil and other accessories. It can be done more often, but the main thing is to prevent rotting.
- Carefully remove food debris and ensure the cleanliness of the sink. If an unpleasant smell occurs, you can use special disinfectants. They can get rid of both the odor and the eggs of the insects. As a preventive measure, you should spill boiling water over the sink at night.
- Disinfect the siphons once every seven days, and better often.
- Take out the garbage daily and keep the garbage can clean.
- Identify places in the apartment where gnats can occur and keep them clean.
How to combat the bugs in the kitchen? Best indoor gnat zapper for kitchen.
Most of the time the family spends in the kitchen. And the emergence of gnats will bring a lot of inconvenience and danger. They tend to crawl not only on the walls and furniture, but also on the food. More serious problems from them are painful bites and getting into the ears, nose or mouth of a person. Best indoor gnat zapper for kitchen will rid you of this creepy neighborhood and all the dangers it brings.
At the same time, this room is the greatest source for reproduction of these insects.
- Leftovers from food not removed from the table in time. Spilled tea, coffee, juices, kissel or compote. Or simply glasses left with drinks.
- Fruit and berries lying in an open vase on the table.
- Lack of regular disinfection of the sink for washing dishes.
- Failure to regularly remove trash from the garbage can. F
- ailure to keep siphons and drains clean.
- Presence of wet sponges, rags, wipes, and mops.
What to do if small gnats appeared in the apartment? Best gnat zapper.
It is enough to find the contaminated source where they accumulate. After eliminating the comfortable environment and nutrition, the insects immediately begin to look for another place. Not finding such a haven, they fly out of the apartment.
If you wait for the uninvited guests to fly away on their own, it will take a long time. You can speed up the process and use simple methods of extermination –use best gnat zapper.
How do I get rid of house gnats mechanically? Effective bug zapper for gnats.
In addition to various traps, there are even simpler methods of getting rid of annoying neighbors. Anyone can use them.
- Use bug zapper for gnats.
- Open all the windows and doors in the apartment so that the airflow pulled all the gnats out of the room.
- Walk around with a vacuum cleaner and catch all the insects. After finishing the procedure, you need to clean the container outside.
- Prepare an aromatherapy treatment for the gnats. The smell of essential oils or the plants themselves, such as patchouli, clove, verbena, ylang-ylang is devastating to the pesky neighbors.
- Heat crushed camphor in a frying pan. When the odor first appears, walk through all the rooms and spread that scent.
- To reduce the likelihood of gnats entering from the street, you can install mosquito nets on the windows.
How to use bug zapper for gnats in the house or at the cottage?
The reasons for the appearance of unwanted guests are the same everywhere. And the use of bug zapper for gnats to fight against them does not differ from the apartment. The only difference is the presence of the basement with the storage of products for the winter. For prevention, it is necessary to regularly check the stock for signs of rotting. As soon as the spoiled product begins to appear, it must be thrown out immediately.
The most common cause of midge appearance is improper storage of onions. If it is stored in plastic bags, it will begin to rot due to lack of ventilation. The correct way to store this vegetable is in special nets in a hanging state. Ventilation will extend the shelf life. The rest of the products in the house should be kept in the refrigerator.
When the first gnats appear, you should immediately find the source of their attraction. All the methods described above will be suitable for fighting them, but the most effectuve is using bug zapper for gnats.
Bug zapper for gnat to get rid of house gnats in the bathroom?
Also one of the places of attraction of uninvited guests is the bathroom. If you do not keep it clean and do not clean it regularly, a large swarm of gnats can appear. Breeding places can be:
- Wet rags, wipes, mops.
- Damp dirty laundry.
- Increased humidity.
- Exhaust ducts
Bug zapper for gnat is an emergency solution of the problem.
Simple preventative measures are necessary:
- Keep an eye on the humidity in the air. Be sure to rewash and dry all rags and clothing.
- It is also important to regularly clean the pipes in the sink and bathroom. Many different special products are sold in stores for this procedure. They come in pellets and liquid form. Each product comes with its own instructions. The liquid remedies and gels are poured into the pipes, while the granules are poured into the pipes. For the granular powder to begin to work, you need to pour a little boiling water over it. Then the remedy is left for some time. Afterwards, everything is rinsed off with water.
- If there is high humidity in the bathroom, you need to monitor the ventilation system. If there is an extractor hood, it is necessary to clean it. Also keep the door to the room open more often.
Chemicals for controlling insects- aerosols, fumigators, insect zapper light (zapper for gnats), repellents.
There are a huge variety of products for controlling gnats (aerosols, fumigators, insect zapper light, repellents) that can be found on the shelves of stores. When choosing one of them, you should pay attention to the instructions for use and how safe it is for humans.
There are many options that differ in the way they are used and everyone can choose one that is more convenient for him or her.
This is a product in the form of a spray, which is sprayed indoors. Instructions for use for all of them are similar: Before using the product, you must prepare the room. Put all food in the refrigerator or in cabinets with tightly closed doors. Hide clothes and toys and cover tables with cloths. Make sure there are no people or animals in the house. Close all windows and doors. Spray the spray in all corners of the rooms. Start in the back room and finish at the front door so that you can go outside right away. Leave the room closed for a long period of time. The required period of time is specified in the instructions for use. After this time, open windows and ventilate all rooms. Carry out a general cleaning. After exposure to chemicals, gnats will lie on the floor, furniture and other horizontal surfaces. You need to collect them and immediately take them outdoors. Because after a few hours, the insects come back to life. After complete airing, you can be in the room.
These are plastic devices with a heating element. When heated, insecticides are released - substances that kill insects. To use a fumigator, you need to connect it to the network. There are two types of insecticides: Plate type. A plate is inserted into the device, which releases the necessary substances when heated. One plate can protect against insects for no more than 10 hours. If the plate has lost its color and turned completely white - then it is no longer suitable for use. Liquid. This liquid is in a sealed container, which is screwed to the bottom of the fumigator. One bottle is enough for one month of operation. When the device is plugged in, the insecticide instantly begins to evaporate.
This is a universal trap for all types of insects. Insect zapper light (zapper for gnats) is a lamp with ultraviolet light. It is used only at night. Insects fly into the bright light, fly up to the lamp and are electrocuted. Since no chemicals are emitted when used - such traps are completely safe for humans and animals. However, they cannot be used in the daytime. A during the electric shock a characteristic sound is emitted that can interfere with comfortable sleep.
There are devices that have a casing with a chemical plate inserted inside. This device is convenient to use. It is enough to hang it in the places where gnats accumulate, as the repellent begins to repel and lead out of the room en masse. Repellents can be used in any enclosed space. This can be a basement, garage, attic. After use, it is necessary to ventilate the room. A study the instructions for use before you buy. The chemicals released can be dangerous to humans.