Now mankind is facing a global challenge: to be alone with yourself and die or live, but to share the planet with other creatures. Bats in your home is one of those cases when everyone can make a choice in favor of life.
Bats are settling in buildings because there are fewer and fewer natural shelters. In fact, the bats are only interested in hiding in the cavities of houses because they are unable to build their own shelters. Cutting down forests and developing caves are the main factors that force hand-winged people to move to cities and towns. Now we have to use ultrasonic pest repeller for bats to get rid of the unpleasant "surprise".
In summer, bats in houses are usually colonies of females. They settle separately from males to give birth to calves (one female gives birth to one, maximum twice a year). In winter, the bats migrate to cities, where they live in cracks under windows or in the walls of multi-storey buildings.
- Bats are not aggressive towards people;
- Bats do not eat human food, so they do not harm stocks;
- Bats do not chew on the materials used to build a house;
- No airborne infections from bats to people are not transmitted;
- Bats and people do not share parasites;
If bats do not disturb you, let them live nearby! They will be useful, hunting for night bats all summer. And you will help to save the animals in this way.
How to get rid of bats in summer in a private home. Best pest repeller for bats!
If you do not want to share your home with bats, you need to:
- Unheated houses, summer houses, bats do not stay for winter, in September-October they migrate to other winter shelters.
- It is desirable to know what kind of bats live near you to find out the peculiarities of its biology (some species live in homes only in summer, but some all year round).
- It is necessary to find out the exact location of the holes through which the bats get into the roof, attic. Even 2 cm holes may be sufficient for European species of bats, so it is important to find all possible slots through which they can get through. You can follow the bats in the evening to see where they fly out / fly in.
- Apply the pest repeller for bats.
If you are worried about the excrement (guano) of bats, which falls out of the holes in the ceiling or attic inside the house, you can close these holes with foam or foam. Or think about how you can collect the guano in some funnel or shelf, located at the holes. Guano wings is a valuable nitrogen fertilizer that can be collected for your own garden or vegetable garden.
Of course, it has a specific smell, but it does not pose a threat to your health, unlike the excrement of ordinary house mice that you can not breathe.
The easiest way to get rid of the neighborhood of bats is to wait until autumn, when the night frosts come and the bats fly away, or to apply a pest repellent for bats. They can not live in sub-zero temperatures in the attic or on the roof of the house. Once you are sure that the animals are not inside, you must cover (foam, boards, foam rubber) all the holes through which the bats flew inside the house.
If the bats come back next summer, they will not chew anything, they will just look for another place to live.
It is very important that the animals do not stay inside, because, firstly, they will die), secondly, in your home will spread a corpse odor in the future.
Very often it is written in the network about installation of bright light on the roof of the house, mothballs and ultrasonic repellent.
If you don't want to wait for autumn, or if bats live in your home all year round and you know their departure places, you can install a one-way flight. That is, bats will be free to leave the shelter, but they will not be able to return. This can be done from handy materials, such as a dense rag or a piece of soft plastic.
IMPORTANT! This method can be used only before the birth of the calves, or after they start flying, it is either March-April or August-October. Females of bats after the birth of calves feed them with milk for 3-4 weeks. And they leave their cubs in the shelter for the night while they fly to hunt.
After the bats flew away from you or were peacefully resettled, no special disinfection of the attic / home is not necessary, it is enough just to wash the surface with detergents.
How to get rid of bats in a multi-storey house
The best alternative to the coexistence of bats with people is to place special houses - alternative shelters in houses where bats can live.