When the warm season comes, mosquitoes appear along with it. These insects annoy a man not only in the nature, but also in the house and apartment. About how get rid of mosquitoes read on. We will tell you about the best odors that drive away and kill mosquitoes!
As far as we know, mosquitoes, like other insects, react quite sensitively to different odors. This factor and can be successfully used in the fight against blood-sucking insects. But do not forget that mosquitoes like the smell of dampness and sweat. Exclude this, then your further actions will be a great success.
What kind of smells do mosquitoes hate? The best mosquito repellent!
Mosquito repellent: The smell of purity.
The most common mosquitoes today are those that carry a variety of diseases and viruses, such as: the agents of cholera, dysentery, typhoid fever. Best mosquito repellent is to maintain a constant cleanliness in an apartment or house.
- 100 grams of camphor or valerian, vaporized above the burner will rid even very large rooms of flies and mosquitoes. Careful! Before using this amount, it is recommended to "try" 5-10 drops first.
- Essential oils of cloves, basil, anise, eucalyptus at the source of fire - in the fireplace, fire, candle or heated frying pan. Soak the oil of these plants a absorbent cotton and put it on the window sill. Warning! Before applying oil, read the instructions - there are contraindications.
- Place fresh elderberry branches in the room: they scare away mosquitoes as well as the smell of tomato leaves. This method is a good mosquito repellent, as funny as it may seem.
- The smell of cedar oil scares away not only mosquitoes, but also flies and cockroaches. Pour it into the aroma lamp.
- The old folk mosquito repellent is Persian, Dalmatian or Caucasian chamomile (aka pyrethrum). Dried inflorescences, stems and leaves of these species of chamomile, crushed into powder, affect the nerve cells of insects. It is enough to arrange several bouquets of chamomile in an apartment or house, and your home to get rid of mosquitoes for a week.
- Tea tree oil will scare away nasty mosquitoes and help not only to relieve inflammation and swelling, but also to cope with allergic reactions to insect bites. Before using it, be sure to read the instructions!
- To scare away insects can be used and indoor plants. One of the most unloved smells of mosquitoes is peppermint. It can be grown in pots on window sills (by the way, it grows quite actively in pots already from mid-May), or spread fresh leaves indoors.
Best mosquito repellents. Just for the record
If you are looking for a way to get rid of annoying mosquitoes, it is worth first of all to put nets on the windows. Fortunately, the choice is simply huge: you can buy an ordinary grid with a small cell and attach it with the help of office buttons to a wooden frame or order a grid with a frame, which can be removed at any time. Install them on all windows that you open regularly. For better results, treat the mesh with protective means.