Any owner is faced with the problem of flies in the living space. Of course, it is not very pleasant when an insect is constantly flying over your head, and even worse - landing on food or other things. To combat pesky pests there is a fly trap ( fly killer).
How to choose the right fly killer?
In order to choose a fly trap you must first decide on the place where you will install it, then you need to imagine the desired result. Thus, these means are divided on such signs:
- The radius of defeat of the agent (modern exterminators are able to provide reliable protection for humans in an area from 1 sq.m. to 1000 sq.m.);
- In what conditions the device is placed (it can be in the house, store, in an open area);
- which groups of insects will be affected;
- Disinfect or repel insects.
Today you can see a huge range of devices to protect people from flies and other insects. For example, fly trap, fly lamp, fly repellent and others.
Types of fly exterminators
- A fly trap is a device that first baits its target and then disinfects it.
Baiting is accomplished with the following baits
- The smell of substances produced by the human body;
- carbon dioxide;
- ultraviolet light.
It should be considered that the effectiveness of fly trap depends on its purpose.
- A fly repeller is a device that uses various chemicals to repel its targets.
These devices heat a plate with a substance and its vapors repel insects. But they are not harmful to human health.
- A fly lamp – this device works by attracting flies and other insects, most often flying insects, with ultraviolet light. And the flies attracted die from the electric charges and fall into a special dish or container. These containers are easy to remove and clean the contents. This device is not harmful to the environment and human health. Such devices can be used both outdoors and in the house.
All of the above-mentioned fly repellent devices are not the entire list of fly and other insect repellent products. And when buying one of them, you should keep in mind the criteria by which you can sort them:
- ease of installation and comfort in application;
- aesthetic appearance;
- service life;
- safety (in these devices operate only natural substances that will not harm either you or nature).
Methods of control with Fly Traps
Many housewives prefer to make traps with their own hands. For this purpose, adhesive tape, bottles filled with jam, honey or even vinegar are used. But all of these are means and methods long gone. Today, you can buy a professional fly exterminator without the hassle of replacing a handmade crafty device.
Modern traps for annoying flies combine the achievements of advanced technology and the experience of our grandparents. A striking example of this is the electric fly trap, ridding the home of insects by means of a current discharge. Another innovation is the means against insects, made in the form of a simple plain jar, but containing inside a special bait, developed by foreign experts. Such a variant is also suitable for those who struggle with wasps.
The market leader in fly extermination – electric fly traps
Recently, the electric fly trap has become increasingly popular. This is not surprising, because at the moment it is the most effective exterminator of meat flies and other insect vectors of infection. The principle of operation of the device, made most often of sheet enamel, is as follows. The light from the device attracts flying insects. When flying up to the glowing bulbs, the insects are struck by an electric shock from a special grid. The insects are killed, but no harm is done to humans or their pets or the environment.
An electric flycatcher has a number of advantages. It can work around the clock, while consuming a minimum of energy. The design of the device is made in a neutral style, so the device will not be visually noticeable in the dwelling. The design of the device is designed to meet the requirements of technical safety, does not pollute and does not emit noise.
There are many variations of the electric current trap on the market, in different sizes and at different prices.
This unique device can be used:
- in an apartment;
- at a country house;
- in any office space;
- large warehouses.
If this option is not available to you or there is no place to place it, you can try budget analogues of the fly exterminator - electric flashlights or traps no bigger than a human palm.