Faithful spider repeller. 4 best advice that will help you!
To clean the house from spiders, you can run to the store for poison, ultrasonic spider repeller, or you can get vinegar, lemon and a couple more folk remedies from the shelf.
If you do not live in hot countries, crawling spiders in the house will not hurt you. Unless they scare you and cause a desire to say goodbye to the unwelcome guests once and for all.
What makes spiders appear and what spider repellent remedies will help?
Spiders can settle on your property for several reasons:
- You have warmth. In autumn, when it starts to get cold outside, spiders are looking for warm corners.
- Your place is very humid. Most often, spiders settle in bathrooms and kitchens, and this is not by chance. These arthropods feel most comfortable in a humid environment.
- You have a lot of food. Spiders are predators; they feed on flies, gnats, and cockroaches. If you find a spider at home, it means that insects are hidden somewhere.
- Your place is dirty. In fact, because of the garbage, flies and cockroaches start, and they are a tidbit for spiders.
The best spider repeller
First of all, arrange a general cleaning of the house. Vacuum all skirting boards and corners. Push the crumbs out of the kitchen drawers.
Look under the tub, behind the toilet and behind the sink and clean everything there. Collect the spider web using a stick with a wet cloth wrapped around it.
Then start the fight with the spiders. Yes, yes, the problem of cleaning the spider web has not been solved: the uninvited residents and their laid eggs are still hiding somewhere.
Use folk methods
Spiders can't stand sharp smells. Therefore, as a weapon, you can use improvised means with bright scents.
- Dilute 15-20 drops of peppermint essential oil in 1 liter of pure water. Pour solution into sprayer. Treat skirting boards, corners and all cracks in the house (in the floor, under window sills, at the sills).
This will force the spiders to change their location. Peppermint can be replaced by eucalyptus or tea tree. Such a repellent of spiders will help to cope with a large number of spiders.
- Combine ½ glass of table vinegar (9%) and the same amount of water. Use the sprayer to treat spider clusters. After contact with acetic acid, arthropods will die.
To scare away new spiders, pour a little vinegar into small containers (such as bottle caps) and place them in the corners of the room. Do not use this technique if there are small children at home: they may accidentally drink poison and burn the mucous membrane.
This spider repeller is only suitable if you do not have small children!
- Cut the most common lemon into slices, shred chestnuts or hazelnuts and arrange the perimeter of the room. The strong smell will make the spiders go away.
- The smell of sheep's wool is just as unpleasant to spiders. So put a piece of wool or yarn near the spider web.
Buy poisons - one of the options to repellent spiders!
It is better to choose aerosols among the variety. Most of the time, spiders sit in their webs, rather than running around the house, so that crayons and gels from domestic pests, as well as traps will not have a quick effect.
Aerosols should be sprayed on skirting boards, corners, on door and window jambs. At the time of treatment should be taken out of the room people and animals. In 15-20 minutes after the procedure (about as much aerosol is required to act and dry) be sure to ventilate the room.
Observe the safety precautions. Treat only with gloves and fabric mask. And be sure to read the instructions on the packaging.
Or electronic spider repellent
In stores you can find special electronic spider repellent. They also act on spiders. Devices make sounds that are inaudible to humans and unpleasant to arthropods. And spiders leave the inhospitable territory.
How to scare away new spiders? Plug in spider repeller
It's simple. The main thing is to keep the house clean and low humidity level. Clean up regularly, get rid of food scraps in a timely manner and do not collect garbage.
Wipe dry all surfaces in the kitchen, and leave the door to the bathroom slightly open - let the room air. If you have an air conditioner, turn it on from time to time in the air drying mode.